Potions are a cool thing to craft. Potions can help you in lots of helpful ways, such as giving an edge in battle, or being more efficient. So I’m going to tell you how to make a few, important potions in minecraft.
Basic Steps to Make Potions in Minecraft
To make potions in Minecraft, you will need to gather the necessary ingredients and a brewing stand.
To make a basic potion, follow these steps:
- First, gather the ingredients you will need for your potion. Some basic potions require only water bottles and a single ingredient, such as a Nether wart for an Awkward Potion.
- Next, place the brewing stand and add fuel to it by right-clicking on the stand with the fuel item in your hand (such as coal).
- Add the water bottles to the brewing stand by right-clicking on the stand with the water bottles in your hand.
- Add the ingredient to the brewing stand by right-clicking on the stand with the ingredient in your hand.
- Wait for the brewing process to complete. This can take up to 20 minutes, depending on the potion. You will know the brewing is complete when the arrow above the brewing stand is empty.
- Once the brewing is complete, you can retrieve the potions by right-clicking on the brewing stand.
Note that there are many other types of potions with more complex recipes that require additional ingredients and steps.
Thoughts on Specific Potion Making
First make a brewing stand, and then get water bottles, blaze powder, and nether wart. Put the blaze powder in first, then the water bottle(s) in, and put the nether wart at the top, and eventually it will turn into an awkward potion. Awkward potions do nothing, but these are steps you need to do every single other time you make a potion. The next steps depend on what potions you make, so I will show you most of them.
Strength requires an awkward potion, and blaze powder, but add the blaze powder where you added the nether wart to make the awkward potion, this’ll help you in combat situations.
For swiftness, add sugar to an awkward potion, perfect for running away, or running towards something/someone.
Fire resistance, also known as “fire res” needs magma cream, and, you guessed it, an awkward potion, probably most used in the hot, fiery, nether.
Invisibility, a favorite of many, needs a potion of night vision (an awkward potion and a golden carrot) and a fermented spider eye, which is made with a spider eye, a brown mushroom, and some sugar.
Finally, regeneration and instant healing, “regen”, as people call it, requires an awkward potion and a ghast tear, instant healing also needs an awkward potion, but also a glistering melon.
If you want a splash potion, add some gunpowder to your potion, if you want a lingering potion, add dragon’s breath to your splash potion. To make potion more effective, add glowstone, if you want it to last longer, add redstone.
These’re all potions that you can make in minecraft! Favorites of all and used by most, I hope you wiIl use this to your advantage. I hope you have just a good time as I had making these potions and using them!